Friday, October 1, 2010

Ted the Talker

I thought that the video we watched in class this week was super helpful in trying to understand how our eyes perceive color. Emery, I totally agree with you on which part in the video was the most interesting! Seeing the difference between the green and red planes was really cool! I also like how in the video he showed us that even though by placing two different backgrounds such as black or white behind a color doesn't actually change the color, it just makes our eyes perceive that it does. I find optical allusions to be one of the most interesting things in the world! This video relates to what we have been talking about as well as doing in class, such as the color experiments we did earlier this semester. But I am still wondering if what our eye perceive as color is from what is being reflected off an object, then what color is the actually object?

1 comment:

  1. That's the same question I have. Every time i go outside I can't help but wonder, is that tree really as brown as it looks? Is the grass as emerald green as it appears? Is there a way to provide enough light to an object to where we see it's true color, or does true color ever exist. Although this video clarified a lot about how and what we perceive, it left me conflicted with reality. It's crazy thinking that a color you may see may not look exactly the same to another person. Color really is subjective.

    ReplyDelete