Thursday, September 30, 2010

Color Illusions Video

The video in class was pretty cool. The guy is speaking a little fast so it is some what difficult to keep up with what he is saying. I thought the most interesting thing was definitely when you looked at the white dot in between the red plane and the green plane and then looked down at the desert pictures. The pictures are automatically seen with a shade of red and the other is with a shade of green. It's INSANE! I think it is kind of funny how our eyes get tricked like that. There could be hundreds of times that are our eyes are being tricked and we do not even realize it is happening unless it's presented to us. The whole sound thing is still a little confusing. I understand how the sound is played according to the color but I guess, in my own opinion, I don't think the sound matches too well. Everything else was understandable and fun to learn.

1 comment:

  1. I thought the desert scene was the coolest part too. I tried to think of times when my eyes were effected by light and color. When I was little I would fall asleep on the bus (it was a thirty minute ride.) Well, the bus had green seats. When I would wake up everyone and everything would be green because the sun was shining on my face the whole time! It would freak me out at first, yes. haha. I have no musical background at all but for some reason I could really hear what I was seeing in that portion of the video, but it took concentration.

    ReplyDelete