Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Color Theory

I thought it was very interesting to learn about the additive, subtractive and CYK printmaking theories. I did not realize that there was more than the subtractive color theory. I now understand more about the light or additive theory and how the RGB works and TVs and computer screens. The marketing of televisions was really confusing to be before and now it makes a lot more sense how the colors are made from the lights. I thought it really helped to do the props that you brought in as well. While it isn't too confusing once you understand it, the idea of light and how it is almost opposite of how the pigment theory is, was foreign to me at first. The different lights while not working perfect made the theory clearer as to how it works. It is also really interesting to me as to how we see light. How the colors are absorbed and then reflected; it is weird to think that color is in our eyes and not really "real" maybe?!!?

No comments:

Post a Comment