Thursday, September 16, 2010

Learning About Colors

I had never known that there were so much science that goes into the creating of colors and I found this unit to be very interesting. I had always known that red and blue makes purple or that yellow and blue makes green, but I did not know that that was only when one was subtracting color. I can honestly say I never knew much about additive color process other than it was when light hit the colors. I now know that when light hits the colors, it absorbs all the other colors and reflects the color that you see clearly back at you, therefore making you see only that one color. To think about it this way is very complex and it is something that I find very interesting. Also, another thing that I found out when doing this unit is that actually making black from the primary colors is a lot more difficult than it seems. I had never struggled with, or so I thought I never did, making black when I was younger, but making an actual hue of black with the primary colors was extremely difficult and frustrating. I now know how much of each primary I need in order to get black or close to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment