Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Mixing, Painting, and Shading

Now to be honest, when our class begin to discuss color theory and the difference between additive and subtractive color theory, I found myself looking back towards my child hood to answer a few of the questions. One of the questions that struck me was "what are the primary and secondary colors"? I admidiately thought to myself that it was red, blue, and yellow followed by green orange, and purple. One thing for sure is that I assumed wrong. Something that helped me get a better understanding of this theory was when our class used the lights with a color lid while flashing the primaries on the wall to create a color mixture. Then when it came down to mixing the primaries to make other colors such as black I had a hard time. It took me the whole class period just to get somewhat close to achieveing this, but it wasn't actually until the second day where I completely got it. Mixing the primaries to create secondary and tertiary colors also helped me to better understand the additive color theory. However, when it came down to tinting colors it was a bit of a challenge for me because I was making the tints too dark. Overall I feel that my progress in mixing color and tinting and shading was a success because I got eventually got better at it then I was before.

No comments:

Post a Comment