Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Learning About Additive and Subtractive Color

As we did the in-class exercises on additive and subtractive theory I learned a lot more about additive theory than subtractive. I never knew that additive was the light theory involving color. To me, I always though that the primary colors were the same for everything, by using red, yellow, and blue; I guess I was wrong. I learned that in additive(light) theory the primaries are cyan, yellow, and magenta. On the other hand I knew much more about the subtractive(pigment) theory and was very amused with all the exercises we did with subtractive color. Overall, I enjoyed the exercise on both theories and learned the most about additive color.
I understand everything perfect now so I don't seem to have any questions!

1 comment:

  1. The additive primaries are Red, Green, and Blue. They mix to form the secondaries of Cyan, Magenta, and Yellow. Remember the RGB filters that we had on the flashlights?

    ReplyDelete