Monday, October 25, 2010

Uninspiring Places

I had way too much fun finding places for this poster. It started out being a huge chore after I got off of work at 5 pm today, Monday, before it is due tomorrow, Tuesday. Now this may sound like procrastination, but in fact, I had to cover for my boss all weekend at work. Anyway. The only copier I knew of on campus WASN'T letting people copy anymore, SO IF IT WAS BECAUSE OF EVERYONE ELSE IN HERE, THANK YOU! I wouldn't have had as much fun if I could have installed it correctly. So, for my "installations," which was just me bringing my finished crescent board to random places, I had very good reasons for each of my photographs. I brought it to places that I didn't like, for very good reasons in my own mind, and that worked better in the end. I was originally going to post the posters just on boards and lightposts and things like that, places that get heavy traffic but not necessarily any specific area. Instead, I had the mean homeless man hold the board, and I conned the Starbuck's Kids into smiling for my malicious photograph, and I photographed it outside of AlphaGraphics, because they refused to copy it for me because I hadn't had time to spray it with fixatif. And that makes more sense anyways, because all of those things to me were very uninspiring, so they added a sense of irony and a message of small change to my seemingly silly poster. As annoying as the installation part of it started out being, it really made my night.

No comments:

Post a Comment