Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Color Video

The Beau Lotto Color Optical Illusions video was definitely a lot more interesting than I expected it to be since I didn't know that there was a lot of shocking things that could be done with different color schemes and how colors were arranged. I really liked how he took the same color and just changed the background lighting and it changed the top color right away. One of the most amazing things that I felt was portrayed in this video was how color was able to be translated into sound. What even amazed me more was that a visually impaired person was able to understand what color was being heard from the sound. Another thing I really liked that Beau Lotto said was that uncertainty was equal to understanding. This statement is very open ended but what I got from it in comparison to color is that there are a million different ways to put colors together, but once you do then you can understand the different ways they work and don't work.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you on the experiments he did during the Video. I wasn't aware of how much a background could make a big difference. I've always limited to thinking of just the color of a background was important, but in the video he used white and black to portray light and dark. The painting that translated into sound was very interesting. I've heard of color having that effect, but never understood until now. The line used to move horizontally from the top of the page to bottom gave me a better understanding of this concept. After watching the video I'm curios to see other ways color influences the world around us.

    ReplyDelete