Monday, October 25, 2010

Child Abuse

My issue that I choose was child abuse. I knew I didn't want to use children that were hurt in my pictures, but wasn't sure how to portray child abuse and neglect in another way. I decided to go with everyday pictures because that is the majority of the kids that are abused or neglected, everyday ordinary kids. You might not know from the surface that a child is being abused. While i came across some shocking statistics I wanted to bring it down to a common fact that one might not think about when they are abusing their children and that is the future of the child. While I have a hard time understanding how anyone can hurt a child, especially after having a child of my own, it is an issue that is happening all across america. I have an hard time watching and looking at the ads that show beat up kids and the facts are often lost because I simply don't want to look at the pictures. I wanted to use some color so I choose the red for the title on the top because of its emotional effect. I also stuck with the bleached out colors because I wanted it to sort of have that real feel and not something that is too bold. The children are being placed second when they are abused so it kind of gives them a drifted off look. I had a hard time with the colors on this project because when too much color was added into the background it took away from the pics but then it got an overall faded look. I wanted the cement look though and since it was about being in prison and abused it needed an more sober look to it. I do think that my poster portrays what I am trying to say, since there is so many aspects to child abuse I feel there is so much that could be done and one poster just doesnt portray everything but its a start!

No comments:

Post a Comment