Friday, October 1, 2010

Ted Talk Video

I am wondering the same thing as you Taylor, it does seem a little confusing of what our eyes are perceiving. In the video the speaker did mention something about the light that falls off our eyes being meaningless and in a since the presentations he gave showed that. For me, the thing that stood out the most in his video was when he asked the audience to stare at a image that had two colors at the top(being red and green) with a white circle in between those two colors. While staring at this white circle the bottom image that depicted a mountain seemed to shift in colors, it was amazing! I feel that what we perceive as color is something that is and will continue to be studied for some time.

1 comment:

  1. I'm thinking I can safely say I agree with everyone that the optical illusion with the dot between the green and red squares was legit. Its hard for me to fully understand, or wrap my mind around the idea that we are only perceiving color. I like how the guy says in the video after showing the tiger picture in full color, that us precieving color is almost "mathamatically imposible." If one varible is off, we could percieve everything in a totally different way.

    ReplyDelete